Deputy Finance Officer:
Finance Office Responsibilities:
- Oversee Payroll and Budget accounting
- Prepare required Federal and State reports
- Document proceedings of City Council meetings
- Record and prepare utility bills and receipts
- Administer processes concerning city zoning (applications & hearing notifications)
- City Elections
- Ensure ordinances, resolutions, and legal notices meet the requirements of state law
- Prepare correspondence and memorandum
- Record minutes for the City Tree Board and prepare applications
- Manage summer recreation and swimming pool employees
- Provide a role as Loss Control/Safety Coordinator
- Representative for City of De Smet Memorial Hospital Advisory Board
The City of De Smet offers sewer, water, and garbage service. Go to the City Utilities Page for more information.
Building Permit Process
Whenever a structure is moved, erected, added to, or structurally altered, a building permit is required. Check out the Building Permit Process Page for more information and application.
For election information, please view the SD Secretary of State website.
Finance Officer Contact Information:
106 Calumet Ave. SE
De Smet, SD 57231
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Mon. - Fri.)