2017 Drinking water report.pdf
2016 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
2015 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
Handy Tips To Conserve Water (PDF)
Automatic Bank Pay Authorization (PDF)
To set up residential service for city utilities (sewer, water, and garbage) with the City of De Smet, please contact the Finance Office.
Water Department Responsibilities:
- Daily operation of city water and wastewater system including treatment
- Maintenance of all fire hydrants and water mains and manholes and sewer mains
- Installation and related maintenance of water meters, including bi-monthly meter readings
- Maintenance of all buildings and equipment housed therein for water and wastewater systems
- Oversee installation of all new connections to city water and wastewater systems
- Oversee all water and wastewater system maintenance and construction
- Submit all state-required samples and complete all required record keeping for water and wastewater system
- Order all chemicals and supplies needed to maintain the water and wastewater system
- Mowing and snow removal as needed at all well sites, the water tower lot, lift stations, and the lagoon
Did you know?
Over 2 billion people do not have a clean, safe water supply.